NOVASTRIKE striking the PS Store Thursday June 5th
NOVASTRIKE will be the first self published game on the PSN. Which is great for independant developers.
Here is what the game’s director and president of Tiki Games had to say about the title…
” NOVASTRIKE is a free-roaming top-down arcade shooter where you’re flying an advanced fighter and combating the Draelus invasion. Yes, aliens are pretty single-minded in that regard. Airborne enemies consist of fighters, aces, kamikazes, bombers and capital ships, and you’ll also need to deal with enemy ground installations.
Fortunately the ship you’re flying – the Scythe – can acquire and upgrade weapons over time. And there are nine weapons total, each with three additional upgrade states, to aid you in sending the Draelus to the great beyond.”
- Seven expansive challenging stages driven by objective-based goals
- Free-roaming flight: there aren’t any rails here allowing flight in any direction
- Progressive weapon acquisition and upgrade system: as the player successfully collects weapon drops from enemy ships the weapons themselves become available to the Scythe – there are nine base weapon systems, each with three subsequent upgrade levels
- Air and ground targets: two separate weapon systems allow the player to combat both air and ground opponents
- Multi-sectioned enemies where individual components can be destroyed; for example, Carriers have hangars that launch fighters – these hangars can be destroyed independently of destroying the Carrier preventing the Carrier from launching additional fighters
- Multitude of enemies: the player will combat enemy fighters, bombers, kamikazes, aces, carriers, and destroyers, all leading to an end-Boss fight
- You’re not alone: friendly fighters, bombers, and destroyers will aid you in your efforts to vanquish the Draelus invasion
- DualShock 3 support
- Uses Tiki Games own graphics engine technology
- Continuing support: Tiki Games will be developing additional content for NOVASTRIKE
Thanks to PlayStationLifeStyle reader Giacomito for the tip!