Mortal Kombat Shows No Mercy in April 2011 NPD Results
NPD Group has posted the results for April 2011, and as in months past they’re a bit surprising. Mortal Kombat (a game we love to death) has returned in a vicious manner, and despite being on one fewer platform, it managed to outsell Portal 2, a game that some have considered to be “Game of the Year” material. Activision is still raking in the cash with last year’s Call of Duty title, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 is doing extremely well following the dramatic Masters tournament just over a month ago.
Without further ado, here is the North American software sales chart for the month of April 2011:
1. Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360) Warner Bros. Interactive
2. Portal 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
3. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii, NDS, 360, 3DS, PS3, PC) LucasArts
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzard
5.Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360, PS3, Wii) Electronic Arts
6. Crysis 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
7. Just Dance 2 (Wii) Ubisoft
8. Michael Jackson The Experience (360, Wii, PS3, NDS, PSP) Ubisoft
9. Pokemon White Version (NDS) Nintendo
10. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC) Take 2 Interactive
Find anything surprising? Any games on the list that you purchased? Speak about it in the comments below.