Starhawk Goes Update Crazy Next Week, Single-Player Free for PS Plus Subscribers
Developer LightBox Interactive has plenty of exciting content for Starhawk fans next Tuesday, including new modes, a number of fixes and more.
As detailed on the PlayStation Blog, the full digital version of Starhawk will be available on PSN for $39.99, just multiplayer for $19.99 and – if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber – the single-player free of charge.
Update 1.04 launches on the 25th and brings the following changes:
- 3 New Gameplay Modes: Assault, Deathmatch Arena, Gatekeeper.
- 5 New “Small” Maps: Cypress Glade, Space Relay, Scourge Junction, Space Flotilla, Scourge Breaker.
- Updated pre-placed pick-ups on all maps (just like we did in Cypress) as well as updated Rift Barrel placement.
- 3 New Build & Battle Load-outs: Trooper, Lightweight and Speeder.
- New Tool-Tips are displayed on various options and buttons in the Uplink. including a display of all the units in each Load-Out and recommended player counts when you create a new game.
- MAW Rocket Launcher now can lock-on to the Sidewinder Jet Bike.
- Added four New national clan banners for our players in the Middle East: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel and the UAE.
- Quit Penalty for players that quit during a game — you get a loss posted and SkillScore hit.
- New “Up Next” display at the intermission screen of what map, mode and load-out is coming up in the next round.
- More score-limit and time-limit options when creating a game.
- All three new game modes are added to QuickMatch for matchmaking.
- Co-Op Prospector is now supported in Quick-Match for matchmaking into public Co-Op games.
- New Co-Op Prospector options for creating Private or Public games, difficulty, and game name.
- Public Co-Op Prospector games now are supported in the server-list.
- Bug fix that ensures that only Clan Leaders/Officers can edit the clan tag field.
- Added a PlayStation Store button to the Uplink for accessing Starhawk DLC.
- Increased starting Rift-Energy in Homeworlds.
- Slightly increased the Galloway Pistol’s head-shot damage.
- Removed the “Bruiser” Skill.
- Added a “Grinder” Skill that allows you to start with a Grinder in your weapon inventory.
- Grinder wind-up time has been reduced.
- Max range for the Grinder has been increased.
- In the server-list, the easy “Cake” and medium “Fist” game icons have been removed. You will still see the hard “Skull” game icons.
- Refined difficulty tuning on all Co-Op Prospector Missions (slightly easier).
- Increased XP payouts for all Co-Op Prospector Missions.
- XP payouts for capturing Tier-2 and Tier-3 bases in the Zones gameplay mode.
- Integrated Starhawk-specific network scan to help players resolve port issues.
- Added in-game scoreboard HUD for Dogfight & Arena Deathmatch gameplay modes.
For the full rundown on all these updates, you can also check out the video below.