Gran Turismo 6 Confirmed for the PlayStation 3 This Holiday, Includes a “Renewed” Game Engine (Update 2: New UI Shortens Load Times)
The wait is finally over as Gran Turismo 6 was just confirmed at the Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary event.
This news was given by Kazunori Yamauchi, Creator of Gran Turismo and President of Polyphony Digital, who said, “I’d like to announce today that we are developing Gran Turismo 6 for the holiday season this year on the PlayStation 3.”
Gran Turismo 6 will feature a “renewed” game engine, with Polyphony “cleaning it up” and making it smoother for the future. On top of that, “the rendering engine will be completely renewed” and there “will be a revamped physics engine, new suspension, tire and aerodynamics modelling.”
As for the cars, GT6 will have 200 more than GT5, with 1200 available at launch and more arriving post launch as DLC. There’s also going to be 33 locations and 71 course layouts (19 brand new) on release day, with more tracks available each month as DLC.
We’ll be updating this story as more news comes along, which we’ll place below in bullet point form:
- GT6 will have a new Course Maker, “spanning several tens of square kilometers”
- Course Maker includes a GPS data feature, increasing the freedom
- More customization
- You can organize and for your own racing communities and championships
- GT6 is compatible with many different devices (PlayStation, Smart Phone, Tablet, PC), meaning “you’ll be able to get involved in the community on any device”
- The online portion of season 5 for GT Academy this July includes a GT6 demo
- Thanks to a new user interface, there’s shorter load times and quick response
- A mobile version and web application of GT6 launches day and date with the game
- Game expected in about 6 months (November)
- More news coming at E3 and gamescom
Are you excited for Gran Turismo 6? Let us know in the comments below.