Ultra Street Fighter IV Announced for Early 2014 on PS3, Includes Five New Characters, Four Stages, Balancing
Capcom has done the unthinkable as they have announced a re-release of a re-release of a re-release, destroying the spacetime continuum in the process, while also bringing us Ultra Street Fighter IV in early 2014 for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
If you own Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, the Ultra Street Fighter IV update will be available as DLC for $14.99. For everyone else, a standalone retail version of the game will be released at $39.99, and no matter if you get it digitally or physically, Ultra includes all previous costume DLC, a $40 value.
For the Ultra content, you can expect five new characters (Rolento, Poison, Hugo, Elena, “Mysterious 5th Character), four new stages, and a whole bunch of balancing, with some examples placed below:
- HP increase to 950
- EX Kikoken knockdown on hit
- EX Hazanshu armor break
- Dirty Bull now has longer range
- Buffalo head has reduced recovery
- Lower charge time for higher levels of Turn Around Punch
- Short Swing Blow completely throw invincible
- Increased damage on all target combos
- Larger hitbox on attacks (e.g. Kidney Blow)
- Crouching middle kick now special cancelable
- Faster walk speed
- Improvements to Ultra 2
As we get closer to that 2014 release date, expect more details for Ultra Street Fighter IV to be revealed.
What are your thoughts on Ultra? Let us know in the comments below.