The Catch-Up: September 27th, 2013 – The Evil Within Gets an Extended Gameplay Video, Battlefield 4 Launch Multiplayer Maps and Modes Revealed
See if you can spot the bad pun.
- Serkan Hassan, Lead Designer on The Crew, revealed that their version of New York is the same size as Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto IV, and New York is just one of “15 or 16 cities at the last count in the game.” [Source]
- We’ve known Contrast was going to be a PS4 launch title in the US/Canada on November 15th for some time, but it will also be releasing on PS3 (and PC and Xbox 360) the exact same day. [Press Release]
- Brace yourself: Rambo The Video Game was rated ‘M’ by the ESRB today, meaning that it should release in North America soon. [Rating]
- Battlefield 4 will launch with these maps: Siege of Shanghai, Paracel Storm, Zavod 311, Lancang Dam, Flood Zone, Rogue Transmission, Hainan Resort, Dawnbreaker, Operation Locker, Golmud Railway. [More Details]
- Battlefield 4 will launch with these multiplayer modes: Conquest (playable in the beta), Domination (playable in the beta), Obliteration, Defuse, Team Deathmatch, Rush, Squad Deathmatch. [More Details For Each Mode]
- The 38 Studios auction, which includes the Amalur IP, will take place on November 13th and 14th. I wonder who will be schilling out the money for everything… [Via/Auction Details]
- At around the same time, the Curve Studios Twitter account said to everyone waiting for Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut to go free on PS+ Plus: “[You’ll] be waiting a mighty long time we’re afraid! Go pick it up, it’s worth it!” Then, the Design Director at Curve Studios said, “Here is your daily reminder that Lone Survivor is never going to be free on PlayStation Plus.” It’ll be interesting to see who ends up being right. [Twitter 1, 2]
- Over on the EU PlayStation Store, Splinter Cell: Blacklist is on sale for €39.99/£29.99, with PS+ members getting an extra 10% off. [Twitter]
- The Terminator 2: Judgment Day table for The Pinball Arcade releases this Tuesday on the PSN. [Source]
- After visiting some of his friends at Sony, Hideo Kojima said, “The future I imagined 5-6 yrs ago finally becoming real however I don’t feel so happy indeed. Just dream of next 5-6 yrs from now.” [Twitter 1, 2]
- Mighty No. 9 has been confirmed for a Spring 2015 release date on PS3, with PS4 and PS Vita versions possible if the game reaches $3.3 million and $3.5 million on Kickstarter. As of right now, there’s no plans for Cross Buy, but Cross Play is in the cards. There’s only a few days left to back it, so do it now! [Kickstarter, Source]
- Here’s an extended gameplay video for The Evil Within:
- MXGP – The Official Motocross Videogame will be released in Spring 2014 for PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360 and PC:
Are you ready for the weekend?