February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month: Includes a Battlepack a Day, Community Missions, More
As a thank you to all the fans for their “dedication and support,” DICE has announced that February 2014 will be Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month. The promotion starts on February 1st and ends on March 6th, and includes some giveaways, double XP, Community Missions, and more:
A Battlepack a Day
- Every day that you log into the game in February, you’ll receive a Bronze or Silver Battlepack. For those of you who haven’t started opening your earned packs yet, these Battlepacks contain bonuses like XP Boosts and soldier camos. Normally, it would take approximately 30 hours gameplay to earn that many packs. Every day that you log a multiplayer game during the month of February, you will receive a new Battlepack. During weekdays, these will be Bronze, and during Saturdays and Sundays we will give away Silver Battlepacks. Remember to activate your earned XP boosts in the in-game menu to accelerate your progress.
- We are preparing two shortcut bundles for Battlefield 4 that we will make available for download at no cost during the Player Appreciation Month. These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4 (the base game) so you can make up for lost time. Or if you’re new to the game, they will help you catch up with players who have been on the Battlefield since launch. We will get back to you with more details once we have set release dates for these items.
- For all of the Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns. That way, if you like, you can quickly get your hands on a large portion of the weapons available in Battlefield 4.
Double XP Weekend
- During the Player Appreciation Month, we’ll be running a double XP weekend for all players. If you’re one of the many Battlefield 4 Premium members, you’ll also get an additional double XP weekend during the Player Appreciation Month as an added bonus.
- You will be able to participate in global DICE Community Missions where you will work together to unlock Gold Battlepacks. During the first of these Community-wide challenges, we will ask you to grab a set number of dog tags during a specified time. More details on this first Community Mission in Battlefield 4 to follow.
DICE Developer Talks
- Increased developer interaction and transparency on how we work is frequently requested from our fans. During Player Appreciation Month, we will host a number of interviews with some of the core developers of Battlefield 4. In these interviews, you can ask them about their line of work, the effort they’ve put into Battlefield 4, or in the case of our core gameplay designer, what the balancing process of Battlefield 4 looks like. We will announce the dates and channels for these developer interviews as the Player Appreciation Month kicks off.
When it comes to the Battlefield 4 game itself, DICE VP and GM Karl Magnus Troedsson talked about some future improvements and changes that are on their way soon:
First, we are further improving a number of items commonly referred to as “netcode”. This will tighten the overall multiplayer experience, and we will be able to share these items with you in detail soon.
In February, we’re also re-introducing the fan favorite feature Platoons in its first iteration. In this added social layer, you can team up with your friends to create your own social space and accumulate stats together.
We’re also working on other feature additions that you’ve been asking for – stay tuned for more.
More details about the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month will be revealed as we enter February 2014, with a new patch for the game expected on all platforms soon.
What do you think of the Player Appreciation Month? Are you excited? Let us know in the comments below.