Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition on PS4 Detailed, Includes Interactive Broadcast+ Mode and More
Available on day 1 as a PlayStation Plus free game in both North America and Europe, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition releases on March 4th in NA and March 5th in EU for $14.99 (if you don’t have a PS+ membership).
To see the twin-stick gameplay, zombie killing, Sharing, and PlayStation mobile app connectivity, check out this new video:
As for what you can expect in this enhanced version of the PS3 game, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition from Housemarque (Resogun, Super Stardust) will include full 1080p visuals, with improved textures, rendering, and effects. The controls have also been improved, which includes a quick weapon select.
Here’s a rundown of some of the other features you can expect within Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition:
- Full Campaign Mode – Can be played either solo or co-op (online or local).
- Road to Devastation Expansion – Included in the main game and gives you – Arcade and Endless.
- PlayStation Companion App Support – Allows you to use the app as a second screen to check your game stats as you play.
- Challenge Mode – A new feature in Apocalypse Edition where, every time you finish a level, you can send your score to a friend for them to try and beat. During the challenge, you can see the avatar of the the person who set the challenge, allowing you to race against them or see their route. If you’d rather best someone else, you can take on the challenge of any leaderboard entry, for any single level, made by any player.
- Broadcast+ Mode – This mode allows you to stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player’s ability to sprint. For revenge on those people, voters will appear in the game as named zombies for you to kill.
While it’s been in the dark for quite some time now, we’ll be getting an update on the PlayStation Vita version of Dead Nation soon.
Will you be playing Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition as soon as it goes free on PlayStation Plus next week? Let us know in the comments below.