The Catch-Up: April 8th, 2014 – Final Fantasy X-3 is not in Development
It’s a con-spira-cy I tells ya!
- Back in February, Square Enix confirmed that they had “no plans” to do Final Fantasy X-3, and in the new issue of Famitsu this week, the publication is reporting that Final Fantasy X-3 still isn’t in development, according to Yoshinori Kitase. They then add that development is going well on Final Fantasy XV. [Via 1, 2, Source]
- LittleBigPlanet 2 patch 1.30, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita patch 1.18, and LittleBigPlanet Karting patch 1.17 all set the games for upcoming content scheduled to release within the next month. Media Molecule would only tease: “There’s definitely some fun stuff on the way, so be sure to keep an eye out for more news on those closer to their release. All I can say now is… Super!” [Source]
- Tecmo Koei Europe has announced that, “due to the technical problem on PS Store,” DLC for Toukiden, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, and Atelier Escha & Logy is delayed until April 16th. [Twitter 1, 2, 3]
- Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that a public preview of Unity for PlayStation Mobile started today, with lots more information here and here. As well, the PSM Developer Program will be made available in these countries on May 29th, 2014: Australia, Brazil, Columbia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Peru, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, and Thailand. [Press Release]
- The Limited Edition of Enemy Front will include the full standalone mission, Raid on St. Nazaire, the game soundtrack, new weapons like the M1 Garand and Webley Pistol, and exclusive downloadable content for $49.99 when it releases on June 10th. [Press Release]
- The latest Call of Duty: Ghosts hotfix today “added killstreak point rewards for KC, DOM and Grind game types to promote objective play: KC: Half point rewarded for collecting tags, DOM: Half point rewarded for changing a flag to Neutral, and another half point from neutral to Captured, Grind: Half point rewarded for each tag banked.” [Source]
- Due to the drawn out of process of submitting games to SCEE, Dragon Fantasy Book I and Book II still don’t have release dates in Europe. The devs did say: “So as of today I can’t promise a specific release date as much as I’d like to. What I can promise is better transparency. You’ll know when we submit this next (and hopefully final) build to SCEE. You’ll know when we get word back on whether or not it will be accepted. And when it’s accepted, you’ll know what the launch date is.” [Source]
- We don’t know when it’s happening, but there will be a demo for EA Sports UFC. [Twitter]
- Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars is out next week on PS Vita. Here’s an unboxing video:
- Johnny Gat from Saints Row IV will be added to Divekick as a playable character, appearing first in the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game, then being added to the other versions for free shortly after:
- LEGO The Hobbit is out today in North America and later this week in Europe:
- Go Inside Sucker Punch to get a look at how they created the 2D cinematics in inFamous: Second Son:
Did you buy LEGO The Hobbit today?