gamescom 2014: Housemarque Unveils Alienation for PS4 (Update)
Housemarque’s new PlayStation game has been revealed as Alienation, a PS4-exclusive title.
Described as “part spiritual successor of the Dead Nation series, part brand new concept,” Housemarque says Alienation “perfectly fits our portfolio of action-oriented arcade experiences.”
The developer then confirmed some of the things you can expect from Alienation:
Alienation doesn’t only come with all the features you’ve come to expect from an Housemarque title (massive explosions, particle effects, tons of enemies on screen, score chasing, great replayability, online co-op…), but also with some brand new tricks. In Alienation you’ll find:
- A devastating array of conventional, hybrid and Alien weaponry that will allow you to eliminate the Alien swarms in massively destructible environments.
- Different player classes, key skills upgrades and customization for weapons to create the hero character that suits the way you play.
- 4-player co-op and the possibility to invade other players as mercenary bounty hunters.
- Loot and clues collectibles to learn the truth behind the Alien invasion.
- Stats tracking and comparisons against other players.
Having a little fun with the announcement, Housemarque’s Mikael Haveri said:
According to respected sources, UFOs have been sighted around Cologne, Germany. A team of rogue scientists at Housemarque (Resogun, Dead Nation, Super Stardust HD) have apparently unleashed an outbreak of alien spores that has the potential to infect all who consume the material.
All netizens are warned to stay on high alert, as the major invasion is expected to begin sometime soon. Only the most ruthless mercenaries that can ravage solo or team up in squads of 4, are expected to survive. The threat is not to be underestimated and our last defense will rely on twin-stick mastery of the third kind.
The technology involved in the occupation is truly out of this world and leaps beyond what humans have experienced in past generations. Contact with the foreigners is expected to bring forth a level of destruction and visual resonance that may render the world as we know it obsolete.
Still, from the top down, it looks as if we have a fighting chance. We can unite and learn together to build up a stronger resistance. Gathering and developing our last resources is the key to success. All fighters are expected to stand-by and expect this event. You have been warned.
More details on Alienation will arrive in the coming months.