Next Assassin’s Creed Unity Update Should Improve Frame-Rate, Fix Error Code CE-34878-0
A detailed preview is expected later this week, but for now, Ubisoft said that Patch 4 for Assassin’s Creed Unity “should bring improvements to the frame-rate as well as additional fixes,” with some of those fixes in testing right now.
Here’s a list of the top priority issues Ubisoft is tracking in Unity, with some of them expected to be fixed in Patch 4:
Game Crashes After Loading Your Save
- We’re devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline).
- Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0
- Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save.
- This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
Initiates Legacy Recognition Issues
- Many of these issues have been resolved, but we’ve noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don’t see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
Companion App Issues
We’ve just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at log-in
- Fixed the “no assassin” issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress – simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
As for everyone eagerly awaiting the free game that Ubisoft is offering to Season Pass holders, they said an update will come very soon:
Many of you have asked about how Season Pass owners will receive their free gift offer and we will have an update that outlines the process in greater detail very soon. For now, we can tell you that we’re working on a web-based solution for submitting requests and distribution fulfillment.
Ubisoft also said the Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China can be purchased outside of the Season Pass and more details are coming in 2015.
[Source: Assassin’s Creed Unity Live Updates]