Ubisoft Aware of Tetris Ultimate Issues, Suggests Playing Offline to Fix Frame-Rate Issues
When Tetris Ultimate launched earlier this month on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, IGN posted a video (above) highlighting some of the issues with the title, which include lag and freezing.
In a follow-up video, IGN reported that Ubisoft told them the amount of friends on the Friends List may contribute to the problems with Tetris Ultimate, and in a forum post about the issues, Ubisoft suggests disconnecting from the internet to help fix the frame-rate. If you’ll remember, this is the exact same workaround they suggested with Assassin’s Creed Unity.
There’s also a variety of other problems Ubisoft is working on fixing for Tetris Ultimate, which you can see below:
Working On It
PS4 Frame-Rate Issues
- As we continue to look into this issue, here are steps that you can take to improve the frame rate: Disconnect from your internet connection (Wi-Fi or Network Cable).
VS Matches Continue After KO
- It has been reported that during multiplayer Battle matches some players could continue indefinitely even after they were KO’d. This is a de-syncing issue and is being looked into.
Tetrimino “Skip” Effect
- Reports of input delays creating a ‘skipping’ effect where a hard drop places Tetriminos a space over.
Progression Circle Not Populating
- Badges or belts are not accounted in the circular progression indicator.
Game Sounds Not Consistent in the Main Menu
- Sound in the main menu increases while navigating the control from one tab to another
- Being worked on for PS4, Xbox One fix in the next patch
Fixed in Next Patch
- Users are experiencing game crashes while on the search screen for multiplayer modes.
Sprint Leaderboards Impossible Times
- Leaderboards for the Sprint mode currently have values of impossible times (ex. 0:01 woo that’s fast!)
Sprint Leaderboards Backwards Ranking
- Leaderboards for Sprint mode are currently ranked from slowest to fastest.
Battle and Battle Ultimate Team VS Mode
- Players are automatically receiving blocks twice.
If you’re looking for the PlayStation Vita version of Tetris Ultimate, that will launch in 2015.
What’s your experience been like with Tetris Ultimate?
[Source: Ubisoft Forums]