The VOTE: Kojima and Konami – Conspiracy or Reality?

May 6, 2015 Written by Chandler Wood

theVOTE-Kojima

The VOTE allows you, the PSLS community, to cast your vote and determine once and for all which choice is definitively better. This is for all the marbles, and any other voting sort of analogies that you can think of. Feel free to discuss your choice in the comments below, but remember to keep it civil. We’ll have new votes every Wednesday, with results from the prior week posted at that time, so be sure to check back and make your voice heard. 

Last week we asked if you would rather see Call of Duty continue with the modern/futuristic trend, or if you want to see them revisit wars of a past era. With a resounding 74% out of 203 votes, it looks like most people want Call of Duty to take a trip down memory lane and place us in wars gone by. For the other 26%, they should be looking forward to the futuristic setting of Black Ops 3 when it releases later this year. 

This week we’re looking towards Konami and the drama surrounding this developer and Hideo Kojima. It seems that a cascade of events have been occurring, as Konami delists Kojima from many of their games, practically disowns Kojima productions, and effectively cuts ties with the legendary developer, even to the point of canceling the highly anticipated Silent Hills project and completely deleting P.T. from the PSN.

In spite of all of this, there are wild theories running rampant that this is all just an epic, next-level Kojima troll, including the whole business with the head transplant doctor in MGSV, the alleged secret message left for fans in P.T., and a few more elaborate fan theories connecting Kojima’s absence from Konami to the pain felt from phantom limbs. That’s not to mention that Kojima has trolled us on crazy levels before with creating fake studios, people, etc. 

So what do you think? Should all this business with Kojima and Konami be taken at face value? Or would you not put it past the master troll to be behind a plot so elaborate as this one could be? Conspiracy or reality? It’s your time to VOTE!

Kojima is the gaming world’s most epic troll and has always delighted in misleading his fans and making things not… in PlayStation LifeStyle’s Hangs on LockerDome

Check back during the week to see how your choice is stacking up. Have any suggestions for future polls? Email me, tweet me, or hit us up on Twitter @PSLifeStyle, and don’t forget to vote each Wednesday.