Bungie Confirms High Moon Studios Has Been Working on Destiny, Iron Banner Returning Soon
We recently reported that Transformers developer High Moon Studios might start working on Destiny soon. It looks like the studio has been working on the game. In its latest weekly update, Bungie’s Community Manager David “Deej” Dague confirmed this.
Bungie would like to give an official shout-out to the fine men and women at High Moon Studios. For a while now, we’ve kept our love secret, but it has become known that they’re working with us. Please join us in welcoming them to the party!
In the same update, Bungie revealed that 3,798,561 Trial of Osiris matches have been played thus far. Other figures revealed are as follows:
118,627,301 = Kills
188,442 = Players visited the Mercurial promised land
299,001 = Guardians scored a perfect scorecard
Unfortunately, Trial of Osiris saw its fair share of cheaters, but it seems that Bungie has been keeping an eye out for them, and has taken appropriate action. The developer said that while some players received a temporary “time-out,” others received a permanent one. You’ve been warned!
Iron Banner fans should note that the event is returning on June 2. The previously detailed Destiny update 188.8.131.52 included some changes for Iron Banner, and this will be the first time they will come into effect. Below is a summary of all that’s new:
- Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly
- Rewards cost less Glimmer – the grind is less real
- Etheric Light is available for purchase at Rank 3 and Rank 5
- The Gunsmith has inherited Lord Saladin’s weapon reforging service
- Power still matters, and it matters a little more as the delta between two players increases
- The Cauldron and Pantheon have been added to the playlist, along with Exodus Blue on PlayStation
Last but not least, Bungie has been seeking fan feedback about the House of Wolves. Deej has confirmed that the Live Team has been listening to feedback, and here’s what’s under discussion at the moment:
- #Olive error codes and other Crucible disconnects (see above)
- Mercury Emblems that don’t appear in inventories
- Treasure Key famine, and the farmers who need relief
- Ammo synthesis that piles up in your inventories
- Quests, Ships, or Shaders not being granted by Prison of Elders
- Encounters with known Prison inmate bosses
Any new fixes/changes will be part of update 184.108.40.206, but we don’t have a release date for the upcoming update yet.
We’ll keep our readers posted as more details become available.