Disney Infinity 3.0 Release Date Announced, Pre-Order Bonus Is a $20 Expansion
Available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Wii U, Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition is releasing on August 28 in Europe and August 30 in North America, Disney Interactive announced today.
Priced at $64.99, the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack includes the Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set, the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base, Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker character figures, and a web code card that unlocks content for PC and mobile devices.
By pre-ordering Disney Infinity 3.0, you’ll receive an early copy of the Toy Box Expansion Game, Toy Box Takeover. Priced at $19.99 without a pre-order, the Toy Box Takeover is the first of two Toy Box Expansion Games. The other Toy Box Expansion Game, titled Toy Box Speedway, is a kart-racing game set to release in Fall 2015 for $19.99.
Disney detailed the two expansions:
Toy Box Takeover
When Syndrome gets his hands on Merlin’s magic wand, it’s up to the player to stop him. Using their favourite characters in Disney Infinity, they must battle across multiple worlds, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Marvel’s Upper Manhattan, The Old West, or The Incredibles Volcano Lair to defeat the bad guys before they ruin the Toy Box forever. Players can complete missions with family and friends via two-player local co-op or four-player online.
Toy Box Speedway
Players can join their favourite Disney, Disney Pixar, Marvel’s and Star Wars characters and vehicles in an action-packed kart-racer. With nine franchise-themed tracks to choose from – Sugar Rush, Frozen, Tatooine, a classic Star Wars location, San Fransokyo, Agrabah, Monsters Inc., Halloween Town, Gravity Falls or Marvel’s Knowhere – they can choose from three different game modes including Time Trial mode, Race mode and Combat mode. Players put their driving skills to the test as they attack opponents with gadgets and weapons and earn trophies across three challenge cups.
Here’s what else will be available to purchase for Disney Infinity 3.0 on launch day:
- Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set (Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano figures included) for players who choose to digitally download the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Software; additional standalone figures (Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi) and Power Disc Pack
- Star Wars Rebels figures (Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, and Zeb Orrelios)
- Star Wars Saga Starter Pack
- Disney Pixar’s Inside Out Play Set (Joy and Anger figures included) and additional standalone figures (Sadness, Disgust and Fear)
- Disney figures (Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, Sam Flynn and Quorra)
- Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack
More Play Sets and figures will be released throughout the fall, including Rise of the Empire in October.
Disney adds, “All figures and Power Discs from the 1.0 and 2.0 editions of Disney Infinity will be compatible with Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition in the enhanced Toy Box 3.0.”