Dark Souls 3 PS4 Beta Sign Ups Now Live, Winners Will Be Chosen at Random
With Dark Souls 3 launching this April in North America and Europe on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, From Software will be holding a series of network tests on PS4 this October.
Sign ups are now live on their website and the rules stipulate that you must be 18+, have a PS4 and PSN account, be able to participate in all test periods, actively participate in the test and provide reports on bug and more, be a PlayStation Plus member (Americas and Asia only), and be able to download a 3GB file.
Winners will be chosen at random via email on October 12/13, depending on your timezone.
Here’s when the tests will take place:
- Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST
- Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT
- Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST
- Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT
- Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST
- Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT
- Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT
- Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT
- Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT
Designed to “check up on all the technologies running the online system,” the Network Stress Test is meant to help improve the quality of Dark Souls 3.
These are the main goals From Software is targeting with the Test:
Game Server Load Evaluation
We will be evaluating gameplay with a large number of people connected at the same time, checking to see how the servers handle high network loads.
Multiplayer Gameplay Evaluation
We will be evaluating issues that appear when people play using different network connection environments, as well as issues that arise with large numbers of people are playing at once.
Game Balance Evaluation
We will be evaluating overall game balance when players are interacting with each other, both in co-op and competitive multiplayer modes.
If you were hoping to post your thoughts on the Test, From Software says, “Testers are prohibited from posting gameplay videos, images, or other testing experiences on the Internet, social networks, or any other media.”
Additionally, any save data from the Test will not carry over to the full retail game next year.
[Source: Dark Souls 3]