Street Fighter V Update 1.02 Goes Live Today, Servers Offline for Seven Hours Beginning at 10am PT
Update 1.02 is a reported 6.6GB download on PS4 and is 5.6GB on PC.
As Capcom announced last week, the first part of the March 2016 Street Fighter V update will go live today on PlayStation 4 and PC, adding Challenge Mode, an online rematch option, eight person lobbies, and bug fixes and gameplay improvements.
An exact time wasn’t set for the update, but Capcom revealed that Street Fighter V will be offline for maintenance from 10am PT/1pm ET until 5pm PT/8pm ET, so expect it within those seven hours:
We will be bringing down the servers on Monday(3/28) from 10AM-5PM PDT for scheduled maintenance.
— SFV Server (@SFVServer) March 28, 2016
Here’s the patch notes for Street Fighter V update 1.02:
Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter Vthrough helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
Online Rematch Option
- Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch.
Battle Lounge Improvements
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Sometimes you don’t get EXP from casual matches
- On a rare occurrence, if you restart the game after you unlock colors, the colors you unlocked will disappear
Throw Escape Change
- If you push buttons during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to escape throws for 2 frames: Prevents using light attacks to option select with throw escapes.
- If you execute specific special moves during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to immediately escape throws. Each characters V-skills, V-triggers, V-reversals, critical arts, and moves have been set individually: Prevents throw escape option selects involving specific moves such as Shoryuken, etc.
There’s also balancing and fixes for V-Trigger issues with Vega, M.Bison, Rashid, and Chun-Li; and a change to all characters except Birdie and Zangief where vertical jump and back jump frames have gone from 3f->4f (Birdie is 4f->5f; Zangief is unchanged).
On March 30 at 10am PT, Capcom will then add Alex and the in-game shop to Street Fighter V. Since the Zenny store is delayed, Alex will be available as a free trial period to all players.