BioShock: The Collection Confirmed, Releases on September 13 for PS4, Xbox One & PC
2K told GameSpot that all of the games run at 1080p and “up to” 60 frames-per-second.
Following numerous leaks, 2K has officially announced that BioShock: The Collection is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 13 in North America and September 16 in Europe.
Developed by 2K and Blind Squirrel Games, BioShock: The Collection is priced at $59.99 USD and includes remastered versions of BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite. Additionally, the collection comes with all single-player DLC for the three games and a never-before-seen video series, Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock, which includes insights from Ken Levine.
As you may have guessed, the remastered version of BioShock 2 doesn’t include multiplayer.
Here’s everything included in BioShock: The Collection:
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (Multiplayer not included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
2K adds that BioShock Infinite isn’t being remastered on PC “because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings.”