Rocket League Update 1.23 Fixes Audio and Lag Issues
Released yesterday on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Rocket League update 1.23 is a smaller patch that fixes Rocket Trail audio issues, lag/crashing while using the Grappling Hook or Plunger, Xbox One frame-rate issues, and more, as Psyonix details:
- Xbox One framerate / performance issue has been resolved.
- Certified and Painted item drops will no longer appear as Common items until the game has been restarted.
- Rumble Mode: Using the Grappling Hook or Plunger on the ball as it enters the goal and explodes will no longer cause the game to lag and/or crash to the main menu.
Rocket Trail audio issues have been resolved
- “Doppler Effect” for local players has been removed.
- Audio pitch for non-local players has been reduced.
Changes and Updates
- Rumble servers now include the “Octagon” and “Pillars” Rocket Labs maps in the random map selection.
Psyonix notes that Xbox One players may still encounter issues with Achievements following this update.
Since the Rumble update came out last Thursday, over four million games have been played so far.