Birthdays the Beginning Releases on March 7, 2017 for PS4 & PC
A sandbox game from Harvest Moon creator Yasuhiro Wada, Birthdays the Beginning from NIS America is releasing on March 7, 2017 in North America and March 10, 2017 in Europe for PlayStation 4 and PC. Available both physically and digitally, the in-game text will be available in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
The standard edition of Birthdays the Beginning is available for $39.99 USD, and you can pick up a Limited Edition for $59.99 USD through NIS America’s Store. It includes the following:
- Birthdays the Beginning for PS4
- World Guide
- “Avatar” Plush (approx. 7.25″ tall)
- Navi Charm
- Collector’s Box
- Mystery Item (TBA)
In Birthdays, you create cube-shaped worlds that birth diverse and unique lifeforms, shaping the geography and altering the temperature of each to create an entire ecosystem. Here’s the list of features:
- A World All Your Own – Create any world you can imagine! From staggering mountains and sprawling forests to a deep sea dotted with islands, there’s no limit to your creations.
- Life from the Beginning – Discover the history of everything as you foster life of all shapes and sizes – from single-celled organisms to complex multicellular life, including plants, mammals, dinosaurs, and more!
- Cultivate Your Imagination – Imagine, Experiment, Create! Shape your planet and decide how plant and animal life evolves. No two planets will ever be truly alike.
Asked on Reddit if some elements of Harvest Moon were applied to Birthdays, Wada said, “I didn’t take any elements from Harvest Moon into Birthdays the Beginning. However, since both of the games are based off of my concept and game design ideas, players may feel that there are similarities between the two game when they are played side by side.”