LittleBigPlanet Gets a Sackful of Yarg Cheese
As was mentioned a few days ago, the next update for Media Molecule’s LittleBigPlanet is codenamed Cornish Yarg, after the cheese that many of us have likely never heard about. The patch is ready for release, so it should be in players’ hands relatively soon! Some details about the upcoming patch follow below:
- A set of 5 new tutorials in “Create Pack 1.” These tutorials unlock some lovely new creative tools to play about with and help you make even cooler levels. The new tools are as follows:
- Infinite lives checkpoint
- Visibility tweak option on certain joint objects (to hide these in Play mode)
- Global settings object (to trigger lighting changes)
- Tetherless jetpack
- Angle range proximity switch (additional functionality on proximity and magnetic key switches)
- IME text chat support for Korean and Japanese
- Some nifty profile managing tools and menus for better profile management when receiving community objects and photos.
- A very sleek music player which is available to use while in create mode, meaning you can listen to your own MP3s while you create!
- Advanced Sackboy customisation mode to help you decorate all those hard to reach places
- Some level loading issues have been resolved.
Sounds like progress! No exact date on when the patch will go live, but it should be fairly soon as it is now in the final stages of testing.