The creators of Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype have announced that they’re working on a new project, titled Rainbow Moon.
Prepare yourself to embark on a journey to a distant and mysterious land known as Rainbow Moon. Announced today by publisher eastasiasoft, and in development by SideQuest Studios, Rainbow Moon is about a young man named Baldren. The story starts with Baldren being cursed by his nemesis, and teleported to Rainbow Moon as a result. The citizens there don’t provide a warm welcome, perhaps because a dimensional gate opened when he arrived, allowing monsters to pour in and wreck havoc. Baldren sets out to restore order by closing the monster spewing portal, and hopefully warping back home in the process. Details beyond this are slim, but eastasiasoft has issued a press release stating that their latest project is a strategic RPG with the following key features:
- Complex story mode with about 25 hours of gameplay, extended to more than 100 hours when including all side quests, missions and full character development.
- Isometric open world to explore with more than 15 different terrains, such as mountains, snow, desert, grassland, savanna, mud and others.
- Sophisticated grid turn-based combat system, featuring a large range of combat and skill commands as well as special attacks and effects.
- Unique action and puzzle elements in a variety of over 20 challenging dungeons and 50 quests.
- Six playable main characters with upgradable weapons, armors and accessories, allowing hundreds of gear combinations.
- Detailed online stats tracking each gamer’s progress.
- Technically perfected game engine, constantly running smoothly at 60 fps with close to no loading times.
- Thirty dedicated background music tracks.
Considering the success of past titles it seems likely that we can expect another quality game from eastasiasoft and partner SideQuest Studios. Marcus Pukropski, CEO of SideQuest Studios seems confident of this, stating:
With Rainbow Moon, we are continuing our principle of combining beautiful high-definition visuals with a deep focus on detail and gameplay. We are once again putting our heart and soul into this project to deliver another fantastic and unique addition to the PlayStation®Network.
We’re told that we can expect to see Rainbow Moon arriving to the PlayStation Network in the fourth quarter of this year. Stay tuned to PlayStation LifeStyle, and we’ll keep you updated as more information arrives on this new strategic RPG.