In an otherwise slow news day for PlayStation, with the Xbox One getting pretty much all the attention, we still managed to pick up a few pieces of information to justify bringing you The Catch-Up for an unprecedented 6th day in a row.
- Curve Studios (Thomas Was Alone, Lone Survivor on PlayStation) announced that they think Microsoft “refusing to concentrate on easier submissions and discoverability leaves the way clear for Sony to capture the most innovative market in gaming right now.” They also seemed to reveal that Thomas Was Alone has already reached 200,000 sales on the PSN.
- Pool Nation launched on the PS3 in Europe today, with the developers saying that it’s “PS3 only at the moment – but we have been experimenting with balls on Vita version….”
- According to Amazon, Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! will be $49.99 and is launching on November 12th.
- Amazon France added a listing for a Beyond: Two Souls PlayStation 3 bundle scheduled for launch day. The Soul Sacrifice PS Vita bundle Amazon France currently has listed isn’t valid in North America, so we’ll have to wait and see if this is true.
- Neversoft and Raven Software are now both confirmed to be helping Infinity Ward on Call of Duty: Ghosts.
- Pre-orders at EB Games for FIFA 14 include 24 FIFA Ultimate Team Premium Gold Packs
- The Mortal Kombat news teased for today was just the announcement of a PC version for Mortal Kombat.
- Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer on the Xbox One, said that while he’s “not close enough to really understand how [Sony’s] system works,” he thinks that the Xbox One will have “the best-looking games in the living room.”
- When Tearaway hits the PSN in North America, you’ll receive the pre-order bonuses for free. No confirmation yet for Europe.
- A new God of War: Ascension update is coming tomorrow, adding a new Trial of the Gods map – Tower of Delphi – and other improvements. We’ll do our best to get you the full notes upon release.
- Kite Fight attacks the EU PSN on May 29th.
- Two Tribes (Toki Toki 2) received their PS4 dev kit today.
- The first live action/CG trailer for Destiny is going live tomorrow.
- Jokingly, Ken Levine clarified that the first BioShock Infinite DLC isn’t horse armor for Elizabeth, rather Elizabeth armor for a horse.
- If you missed the Xbox One event yesterday, this video tells you everything you need to know:
- If you really missed the Xbox One event yesterday, here’s the Call of Duty comparison video:
- Passing Time is now available on PlayStation Mobile:
Are you still playing the God of War: Ascension multiplayer? How many times do you think they said “TV” during the Xbox One reveal? Let us know in the comments below.