In order to give you a quick rundown of all the cool features the PlayStation 4 possesses, PlayStation Access made a video of the 20 Things You Didn’t Know About the PS4.
Though you may know most of those 20 things, the video itself is a good recap of everything the PS4 can do, with all 20 talking points placed below the video for easy reading:
*Check out our PlayStation 4 guide for even more info
- PlayStation Dynamic Menu is replacing the XMB.
- 500GB HDD, can be replaced and upgraded.
- Log onto any PS4, access your games and purchases from any machine as long as you are signed in.
- You can ‘nominate’ one PlayStation 4 as your home machine, with your content always available on that one system, even to other users (including PlayStation Plus).
- Comes with an HDMI cable.
- Not region locked.
- PlayStation Camera can shoot in 3D and in high quality.
- PlayStation Camera has four microphones for accurate sound detection and source origination.
- Video Unlimited will stream movies for the first time on PlayStation.
- You’ll be able to switch instantly between playing a game and apps in most situations.
- The Touch Pad on the DualShock 4 is a button.
- PlayStation App is an iOS and Android app set to launch around the PS4, allowing you to use phones and tablets as a second screen, shop the PlayStation Store, and watch your friends play games online.
- The PS4 has Cross Game Chat.
- PS4 has always-on video compression and decompression systems, constantly processing your last few minutes of gameplay for easy sharing, even uploading it in the background.
- PS4 has suspend mode, which means you can jump back into a game easily.
- PS4 does updates and downloads in the background, or suspend mode.
- PS4 will use Gaikai to stream “the best” PS3 games, with more legacy titles planned to be added later.
- Existing PS+ memberships carry over to PlayStation 4, with a new game being added each month.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment is working on new, original programming for the PlayStation 4.
- There’s more than 140 games in development for PS4.
How many of the 20 things did you know prior to watching the video? Let us know in the comments below.