When PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate was announced for the PS4 and PS Vita yesterday, Double Eleven was able to confirm 60fps and a new 3D ship design for the PS4 version, but didn’t make any such proclamations about the PlayStation Vita version.
Over in the comments section of the EU PS Blog following the PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate reveal, Richard Snowdon of Double Eleven was asked a few questions about the PlayStation Vita version of the game, including if it would have native resolution and 60fps:
We are amazed that we have managed to get Shooter 1 and 2 running on Vita at 30 FPS to begin with. The fluid simulation eats up most of the CPU power of the Vita, and this is one of the core elements of the game. It still plays great, and as it is in native resolution on Vita, looks great on the OLED screen.
When asked about getting the 3D ship on PS Vita as well, Snowdon replied, “Again, getting the game running on Vita has been a huge challenge, and the 3D ship would probably be pushing it too far.”
Stepping aside from technical PS Vita stuff, Snowdon also revealed a few more pieces of information about PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, which we’ve placed below:
- They are “looking into” Cross Buy, “but nothing is definite yet.”
- “Shooter 1 and 2 have been integrated to seamlessly flow from one to the next. You cannot access any of the Shooter 2 levels until the Shooter 1 levels have been completed.”
- “Having Trophies working across platform is another cool think we would love to have, but are still investigating the possibilities. As for a platinum trophy, we are in talks with the right people at Sony about what can be done about it.”
- They haven’t added any levels to PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, but they “are pushing to get the best out of the PS4 to make the game look amazing.”
- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate “is the first step to PixelJunk Shooter 3. We only have so much time to get a project like this turned around, and the main bulk of the work has been getting the game up to speed on Vita. Fingers crossed though.”
Are you surprised to learn that it’s been difficult getting PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate to run on PS Vita? Let us know in the comments below.