Welcome to PlayStation LifeStyle’s trophy guide for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes! There are only 15 trophies to be earned in GZ and unfortunately no Platinum trophy. They are all very obtainable and will not take much time to earn. There are only 6 missions and due to “Mission Select” none of them are missable. Any XOF patches and cassette tapes you find will be saved once you complete a mission. They don’t all need to be found in 1 play-through. The majority of the trophies are mission specific. S-Ranking missions may be a pain at first but with enough practice on a mission and once you learn the map, they won’t be a problem. So let’s get started and sneak outta here with this easy 100%!
Spoiler Alert: Unfortunately, there are spoilers in this guide. If you are trying to avoid spoilers, it’s recommended that you complete the game before reading any further.
Reunion – Bronze
– Reunite with Chico or Paz.
This trophy is story related.
Downfall – Bronze
– Clear the “Ground Zeroes” Mission.
This trophy is story related.
Genesis – Bronze
– Clear a Side Op or Extra Op.
The Side and Extra Ops are unlocked after you’ve completed the Ground Zeroes Mission. Simply complete any one of them to earn this trophy.
Accomplished – Bronze
– Clear all Missions (including Side Ops and Extra Ops).
There are only 6 missions that need to be completed. Completing Ground Zeroes Mission will unlock 2 through 5. You’ll need to find all 9 XOF patches in order to unlock the Deja-Vu mission.
- Ground Zeroes
- Eliminate the Renegade Threat
- Intel Operative Rescue
- Classified Intel Acquisition
- Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements
Skilled – Silver
– Clear Any Mission (including Side Ops and Extra Ops) With an S-Ranking.
See the trophy Hero for more details.
Hero – Gold
– Clear All Missions (including Side Ops and Extra Ops) With an S-Ranking.
Getting an S-Rank is all about earning points during the missions. You get bonus points for not killing any enemies, no continues, no retries, no alerts and no combat reflexes. Although, you don’t always need to complete every single one of those. It is still possible to earn an S-Rank if you need to retry a checkpoint or get a kill. If you do lose any of those bonuses you’ll need to beat the mission quickly and extract prisoners to make up for the lost points. The more kills, alerts or continues you use, the more points you’ll lose. Extracting prisoners will also give bonus points. The time it takes you to complete a mission also plays a factor. The faster you can beat a mission, the more points you’ll earn from the time bonus. These can be done on Normal difficulty.
If you need to take an enemy out, use the Silent Pistol. When aiming, press R1 to enter first person. This will make it easier to get headshots and not waste your ammo.
Rescue – Bronze
– In the “Ground Zeroes” Mission, rescue the prisoner to be executed and extract him via chopper.
Before you’ll get the chance to rescue this prisoner, you need to extract Chico first. The video below picks up right after Chico is put onto the helicopter.
Depth – Bronze
– Clear the “Eliminate the Renegade Threat” Side Op by extracting both targets.
Miller will give you 2 areas where the targets were last seen, go to the areas and find the targets. They are always in the same area when the mission begins. If you take too long to find them, they will move onto a different part of the map. You’ll need to non lethally take down each target. Once they are knocked out, pick them up and carry them to an extraction point (just like with POWs). They don’t have to be taken off at the same time. You can extract them one at a time and still earn the trophy. If you are spotted and in Alert Mode, be careful. The enemies that are shooting at you can accidentally kill the targets if you are carrying them. If that happens, you’ll have to start the entire mission over.
Pacifist – Bronze
– Clear the “Intel Operative Rescue” Side Op without killing a single enemy.
As soon as the mission begins, press down on the D-Pad to equip the Uragan-5 pistol. Use this weapon to non lethally take all of the enemies. When you land and have to fight the armored vehicle, it’s okay to destroy it, that will not count as a kill. Be careful when fighting the vehicle as there will be stunned soldiers laying in the area of the battle. Explosions can accidentally kill them so you may want to move them all out of the way before beginning the vehicle fight. If you knock out an enemy and they fall off a building, tower or out of a helicopter, those will also not count as kills.
Infiltration – Bronze
– Clear the “Intel Classified Acquisition” Side Op while riding in the back of a truck.
Follow the video below!
Extraction – Bronze
– In the “Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements” Side Op, rescue and extract all prisoners via chopper.
There are only 4 prisoners that need to be extracted. 3 of them are in the prison where Chico was being held. The other is where Paz was being held. They don’t all need to be extracted at the same time.
– Recreate all scenes in the “Deja Vu” Extra Op.
The scenes are all of the pictures that Miller has for you on the iDroid. Follow the video below!
Unlocked – Bronze
– Unlock all trials.
This is the most time consuming trophy in Ground Zeroes. You’ll need to play every mission on Normal and Hard to unlock trials. Once all of the missions are completed on both difficulties you’ll need to complete trials in each mission on both difficulties to unlock the remaining trials. You only need to complete 1 trial in a mission to unlock the next one. You can view the trials under the Trial Records option in the main menu.
Information – Bronze
– Obtain all cassette tapes.
There are 12 cassette tapes. They are earned through a couple of different ways. You’ll need to find them in the missions and extract certain characters to earn some.
- Chico Tape 1 – Complete Intel Operative Rescue
- Chico Tape 2 – In the Admin Building guard tower during the “Ground Zeroes” mission.
- Chico Tape 3 – Acquired when you Extract Chico during the “Ground Zeroes” mission.
- Chico Tape 4 – Extract the 2 targets in the “Eliminate the Renegade Threat” mission.
- Chico Tape 5 – On a trash can just to the left of the stair case near Paz’s location during the “Ground Zeroes” mission. This tape has to be picked up before rescuing Chico.
- Chico Tape 6 – In an Armory during the “Eliminate the Renegade Threat” mission.
- Chico Tape 7 – Acquired by extracting the Mother Base soldier in the “Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements” mission. He is being held where Paz was being held.
- Agents Recording – In the Admin Building Guard Tower during the “Classified Intel Acquisition” mission.
- Classified Intel Data – Get the tape in the Admin Guard Tower. Next go interrogate the bald soldier in the boiler room area (Where Paz was being held) during the “Classified Intel Acquisition” mission.
- Music Tape – On the ground in the cell behind Chico during the “Ground Zeroes” mission.
- Deja-Vu Music Tape – On the ground at the extraction point closest to Chico during the “Deja-Vu” mission.
- Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Song – Complete all 6 missions on Hard.
Insignia – Bronze
– Obtain all XOF unit patches.
There are only 9 XOF patches to be found and they are all found during the Ground Zeroes mission. The trophy won’t pop until the mission score screen. Follow the video below!
Thank you for using our guide! If you have any questions regarding this guide, or would like to provide some tips, feel free to contact me on Twitter @9Richard19, as well as in the comments below.