Resident Evil Revelations 2 won’t be the only Resident Evil game you can play in early 2015, as Capcom has announced that Resident Evil Remastered will release on January 20, 2015 in North America and January 21, 2015 in Europe for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.
Unlike Japan, Resident Evil Remastered will be released as a digital title in the West, priced at $19.99/£15.99/€19.99.
Here’s a quick rundown of the game’s features:
- Remastered highly requested fan favorite horror title – return to the Mansion to experience the beginning of the Resident Evil saga
- Upgraded visuals – using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles and frame rate options for PC
- Fully remastered sound effects – 5.1 surround support provides a greater gaming atmosphere
- All original difficulty levels plus new Very Easy Mode for novice players
Toggle visual and control scheme options at any time:
- Experience the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode
- Purists can choose to play with the classic control scheme or enjoy a new alternative scheme in line with current standards where the character moves in the direction of the analogue stick
As well, Resident Evil Remastered will run at 30fps on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360, while the PC version will be at 60fps. Capcom offered up this look at the game running on PC:
You can check out the full Trophy List (Platinum included!) for Resident Evil Remastered over here.