The sequel to 2008’s Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, developer and publisher Psyonix has announced that a PlayStation 4 beta for Rocket League is now live in North America and Europe.
With sign-ups available on their website in a first-come, first-serve basis, the beta is designed to focus on matchmaking and server performance. If you do get a code, the beta runs from 9am PT to 9pm PT, with an end date planned for early May.
For the beta, most final-game features are disabled, Season Mode and Car Customization are not included, and only one stadium is available for play.
Now ‘Feature Complete’ and scheduled for a Summer 2015 release on PS4 and PC, here’s the key features of Rocket League:
- New Season Mode – In the final version, players can enjoy an offline single-player or multiplayer experience with Season mode, bolstered by extensive vehicle customizations, unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more.
- Fully Upgraded Online, Local and Splitscreen Multiplayer Modes – Fans of the original will love the returning options for two- to four-player competition, from on-the-couch splitscreen competition to the robust online play.
- Team-Focused Gameplay – Rocket League’s team-oriented play compels gamers to learn short- and long-term tactics and strategies to stay in the game, challenge their friends, and stay atop the monthly leaderboards.
- Physics-Driven Vehicle Interactions – Built with rocket-equipped vehicles capable of aerial attacks, passes and shots, and physics-driven ball action, Rocket League is a wild, visceral sports-action experience.
- Content Overload – Rocket League builds upon its predecessor with a healthy array of completely new unlockable vehicles, arenas, more than 150 customization items, and other surprises.
- Dedicated Gameplay Servers – Super-smooth online gameplay guarantees an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replays – Gamers can play with, stylize, and create the ultimate replay of entire games with the new replay system. Fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena!
Are you going to sign-up for a beta code?
[Source: PS Blog]