Developed by new indie studio Candescent Games and Section Studios, Tinertia is a “dynamic action-platform” launching in Fall 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Built on the “premise of Quake-like fun, Sonic-like speed, and precision controls…all without a jump button,” Tinertia stars Weldon, a robot who is equipped with a powerful rocket launcher that allows him to propel himself through various environments.
Here’s the key features for Tinertia:
- No Jump Button – Master the physics-based gameplay to control Weldon using his rocket launcher to achieve accelerated speeds and an infinite supply of ammo to propel him from puzzle to platform.
- Seven Environments, 70+ Levels – Travel across seven differing environments and more than 70 levels to help Weldon reach the planet’s surface and escape the ARC.
- Speed Runs (Ultimate Challenge) – Challenge your best time with devastatingly fast runs through each level.
- Rocket Challenges (Ultimate Challenge) – Earn par for each level using a limited number of rockets.
- #YOLO (Ultimate Challenge) – Dodge treacherous obstacles and play through Weldon’s journey with only one life to earn a spot on the Tinertia leaderboards.
- Ghost Runs – Players can select the top competitors’ best times and challenge themselves against a ghost Weldon to improve their skills and times.
- Dynamic Replay Camera Angle System – This ability delivers the dramatic angles of every amazing run with enhanced zoom, camera speed options, and fixed angle features.
As Candescent Games CEO Vilas Tewari adds, “Today’s gamers want an experience that’s fun to master and equally fun to stream and watch with friends. With that in mind, we designed Tinertia to be a skill based action platformer. Its mechanics are easy to pickup and a spectacle to behold in the hands of a master.”