Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain update 1.06 is 670MB on PS4 and includes changes to both The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Online.
You can read details on MGO update 1.01 over here, which include bug fixes, auto-matching improvements, menu improvements, mission rule adjustments, and much more.
The Phantom Pain’s patch notes on PS4 reveal that it also fixed crashing issues in Episode 31 and Episode 40, as well as when using the cardboard box to fast travel. Save data issues were also addressed that occurred if the PS4’s power was cut under specific conditions and timing.
Regarding issues not addressed in the update, we are monitoring user feedback and will make changes and adjustments moving forward
— Metal Gear Online (@MetalGearOnline) November 10, 2015
Releasing today, November 10, this month’s Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain update on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC makes a number of changes and improvements to the game, including new security devices to protect your Forward Operating Base (FOB) from invasion and the unlocking of FOB 3.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update:
New Look for the PF Rating Screen! PF Rating-Related Event Also Coming Soon!
- This update features changes to the user interface of the PF Rating screen, such as revised displays of the factors contributing to your PF’s overall strength. With this better understanding of your PF’s status, you’ll have all the necessary intel to get the most out of FOB missions, etc. And once the updated UI is in place, look forward to a PF Rating Event scheduled for November 2015!
Get Ready for a New Level of Gear? Grade 8! Online Development Also Added
- The update also features new weapons and items to help turn missions in your favor. Following on from the addition of the current highest development grade (Grade 7), you will now be able to develop Grade 8 equipment as well.
- What’s more, these will be treated as online development items, so their development will continue even while you are away from your game system or PC. You can even use MB Coins to shorten the development time.
- New equipment: AM MRS-4R[★7] (a Grade 7 5.56mm assault rifle); WU S.PISTOL CB[★8] (a Grade 8 tranquilizer handgun); KABARGA-83[★8] (Grade 8 automatic shotgun that boasts upgraded stopping power and a high-capacity magazine)
Protect Your FOBs From Invasion! New Security Devices Added!
- There’s never a chance to relax when your FOBs could come under attack at any time, but now, some of the best ever security devices are here to put your mind at ease. All of the newly-added security devices are online development items, so their development will continue even while you are away from your game system or PC. You can even use MB Coins to shorten the development time.
- The unit function “Anti-Reflex Research” is newly added to the Medical Team. The higher your Medical Team’s level gets, the shorter an invader’s Reflex Mode time will be.
Stealth Mode Will Now Have an Effect in FOB Infiltrations! Go Unseen by Enemy Searches!
- While infiltrating a rival’s FOB, using Stealth Mode (pressing the Action Button while prone) will cause your Predicted FOM (field of movement) to disappear from the defending player’s iDroid, and the defending Intel Team will also be unable to search out your general location.
- Stealth mode hides your predicted FOM (red circle) from the defender.
The Long-Awaited FOB 3 is Finally Unlocked
- You can now give your PF a huge boost by constructing a third FOB. With the resulting major increases in max. staff capacity, you can look forward to unit functions being upgraded across the board.
For All Newcomers to the Game: Rookie and Beginner Functions Expanded
- From now on, it will be easier for players to obtain the “Chicken Hat” and “Lil’ Chick Hat” (awarded to those who repeatedly fail a mission).
- For those having trouble with a difficult mission, or players who don’t have the knack for action games, these items will be a significant help.
- Also, a “Rookie Assist Function” is added to Espionage Ratings (the results of FOB Missions).
- This function prevents rookie players from losing Espionage Points when they fail at FOB invasions or defenses.
Other Update Details
- Other small refinements have been made to various elements of the game, including balance adjustments and bug fixes.
- The top rankings for PF Rating and Espionage Rating will now be displayed.
- Whereas until now only resources in your offline inventory could be sold, from now on your online inventory can also be sold.
- The issue with certain DLC uniform equipment not having its advertised effect is now fixed.
- In-game notifications of events and other news have been improved.
This update for the main game of The Phantom Pain is different from the scheduled Metal Gear Online update later this November.
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Update Today Unlocks 3rd FOB, Adds Security Devices