Calling it the ” largest and most ambitious update yet,” The Second Dream is now available to download on PlayStation 4 as part of the latest Warframe update. It’s already out on PC, and an Xbox One release is coming soon.
With The Second Dream, developer Digital Extremes brought a “higher fidelity of storytelling to the game in the form of a cinematic-driven quest,” which answers the questions, “What is a Warframe?” and “Who are the Tenno?”
As you can see in the patch notes highlights, The Second Dream also adds a brand new Archer-themed Warframe, a new PvP map, and more:
First Cinematic Quest
The Sentient Hunhow has enlisted the Stalker to destroy the Tenno by exploiting a long forgotten secret. A secret that cuts to the heart of what it means to be a Tenno.
Devoted Warframe players will have the opportunity to begin this Quest right away while new players entering Warframe will need to hone their skills through several previous Quests before attempting The Second Dream.
New Archer Warframe
With her quiver of tactical arrows, this huntress prowls unseen and strikes without warning. Ivara’s abilities include:
Quiver – Cycle through and shoot one of four tactical arrows:
- Cloak Arrow: Creates a defensive bubble cloaking allies and shielding them from attacks.
- Dashwire Arrow: Fires a zipline.
- Slumber Arrow: Induces a temporary slumber in target.
- Intrigue Arrow: Creates a noise at the point of impact to attract enemies.
Navigator – Assume control of a projectile and guide it to its targets.
Prowl – Become invisible, steal loot from unsuspecting enemies then go on the offensive with increased headshot damage.
Artemis Bow – Summon a mighty bow and unleash a volley of devastating arrows.
New PvP Map – Orokin Moonbase
Teshin’s Conclave expands across new grounds with weekly challenges available for his pupils in training. Vauban, Nekros, Mirage, Limbo, and Ivara join their peers in the Conclave. Battle for supremacy in the ruins of an Orokin Lunar outpost, and continue to master the Ways of Old.
New Sortie System
Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group.
- Each Sortie Mission will have its own unique requirements or enemy modifiers, favoring Tenno that have a versatile Arsenal.
- Players can access Sortie Missions through the new Sortie Icon through the upper right hand corner of the World
- State Window in Navigation.
- Sortie Missions will change daily, and players must complete all three Missions to receive a reward from that Season’s pool.
- New Sortie Seasons will be introduced regularly with updated loot tables.
By entering the code THESECONDDREAM by 8am PT/11am ET on Sunday, December 20 at Warframe.com, you’ll receive a number of rewards on Monday, December 21.
Warframe is downloadable for free from the PlayStation Store.
You can check out the full list of patch notes by following the link below.