Magic Duels: Origins Is Releasing on PS4 “Later This Year” (Update)
In a November announcement on their Facebook page, Wizards of the Coast revealed that the PS4 version of Magic Duels: Origins is on hold:
In order to continue moving Magic Duels in the right direction, and to provide the best possible experience for players on our current platforms, we have also made the difficult decision to put our development of a PlayStation 4 version of Magic Duels on hold. We are now working towards a release on PlayStation 4 in 2016.
Released on iPhone, iPad, and Steam earlier this month, with an Xbox One launch happening tomorrow, the PlayStation 4 version of Magic Duels: Origins is currently undated, with Wizards of the Coast still saying it will be out “later this year.”
Free-to-download, Magic Duels: Origins offers “limitless free gameplay,” hundreds of unlockable cards, and multiplayer modes, including Two-Headed Giant. You can check out the new gameplay trailer above.
Receiving regular content updates to reflect the latest Magic: The Gathering card sets, starting with Magic Origins, here’s what you can expect from Magic Duels: Origins:
- Virtually endless solo gameplay against thousands of AI opponent decks
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system that teaches gameplay quickly and easily-just like learning from a friend
- Expanded multiplayer options including Two-Headed Giant Mode
- Deck Wizard offering step-by-step deck construction guidance for new players, and an advanced Deck Builder allowing experienced players to build from scratch
- Regular updates from corresponding Magic set releases
- Hundreds of new cards from the upcoming Origins set, including powerful Planeswalkers
- 100% earnable content means players can play free!
When the PS4 version is given a release date, we’ll let you know.