Described as an “out of this world, first-person adventure that takes its inspirations from 60s pulp sci-fi movies,” Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space is coming to PlayStation 4 on January 19 in Europe and February 2 in North America. An Xbox One version will launch on January 20.
Albedo sees you playing as John T. Longy, a night-watchman at a partially abandoned, secret research facility. After an explosion knocks you unconscious, you begin exploring the complex, discovering the mystery of the organisms invading the base.
Developed solely by Fabrizio Zagaglia, here’s what else you need to know about Albedo:
Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space features a real mixture of game genres. The game’s overarching theme is one of sci-fi adventure but players will have to solve mind-bending puzzles in order to progress though the base, uncovering an intergalactic war that threatens the very existence of our world along the way. Some areas will call upon gamer’s first-person shoot’em-up skills to survive as they encounter mutated alien life-forms. Will our hero be able to use the advanced extra-terrestrial technology to bend time and save the earth?
- A 60’s sci-fi, b-movie inspired narrative, with plenty of mystery and suspense!
- Stunning 3D environments and detailed objects to manipulate.
- Realistic and atmospheric sound effects will envelop you in your surroundings.
- Adventure-style gameplay featuring puzzle elements and incorporating first-person shoot’em-up action.
- Twenty detailed rooms to explore; each full of mystery, strange visions and intricate puzzles to solve.
- An advanced physics engine making object interaction extremely immersive. Pick up and use objects as you would expect to in reality.
- Over 100 items to interact with.
- Unique hint system using a device to “see into the future” to help solve complex problems.
- Multiple challenging mini-games and puzzles.
- Unearth hidden areas, discover Easter eggs and unlock achievements.
- Over 8 hours of challenging gameplay!
Albedo will cost $14.99/€14.99/£11.99.