Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness allows you to switch between English and Japanese voice-over (there’s English subtitles if you choose Japanese), battles allow for up to seven ally characters on-screen, and, although it takes place between the second and third games in the series, Square Enix says, “You don’t have to play the previous games to enjoy the story of this one. It’s not like watching the third movie in a trilogy without watching the first two, you won’t get lost.”
Producer Shuichi Kobayashi then offered this message to fans about the five years since the previous Star Ocean game:
It has been quite long since the last instalment was released and the time has now come for us to share another “tale of the sea of stars” with you. I personally adore this franchise and have been excited to be involved in the process of its resurrection. There are fewer JRPGs for consoles on the market these days and I believe that this makes the release of this new game particularly significant. The franchise has always featured exhilarating action battles and with the new game, we deliver an evolved combat system which can involve a party of up to seven characters and it is easier to execute combo attacks.
There are also many new and additional game items and content that we hope may encourage you to replay the game for added value, and I sincerely hope you will give this game a try. We would really like to get your support so that we can continue to tell more “tales of the sea of stars”.
In North America, you’ll be able to pre-order Star Ocean for $59.99 USD to receive the Day One Edition, which includes two background battle music themes from Valkyrie Profile and Valkyrie Profile 2, as well as some in-game items. If you want to spend $109.99 USD though, there’s the Collector’s Edition (only available through Square Enix), which includes the following:
- Collector’s Edition steelbook case containing the game and “The Sounds of Star Ocean”: a CD sampler soundtrack featuring 16 tracks from famed composer Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of series, Valkyrie Profile series, Dark Souls series)
- “The Art of Star Ocean”: 80-page hardcover art book featuring art from the Star Ocean series
- Eight exclusive art cards featuring illustrations from character designer “akiman” (Street Fighter series)
- Pangalactic Federation ID card
- Six background battle music themes from Valkyrie Profile, Valkyrie Profile2: Silmeria and previous Star Ocean titles that fans can play during battle
- Download code for in-game items that will aid Fidel and the crew on their journey: The Ring of the Valkyries, Gold Bunny Statue, Bushybrume Cincture, Wristlet of the Stars and Secret Sthalian Tome
Will you go for the Collector’s Edition?
[Source: PS Blog]