Developer IO Interactive has confirmed plans to roll out the second Hitman Elusive Target on Friday, May 27.
Much like the game’s first real-time objective, Agents will be tasked with taking down a specific target within a 48-hour window — The Congressman, in this instance — and the sophomore event will have players searching every inch of Sapienza to pinpoint Hitman‘s latest target.
Remember, there are no second chances with IO’s Elusive Targets, and in anticipation of The Congressman being added into the game next week, the studio posted a recap of how the novel game mode plays out:
- Elusive Targets are added to the game for a limited time in real-time. They won’t return.
- You only get one chance to take them down. If you die, you fail the contract and cannot retry it.
- Elusive Targets do not show up on the in-game map or Instinct. You need to locate and identify them with limited intel.
- Earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts throughout the season.
- Every Elusive Target adds two unique challenges to the game; one ‘target’ challenge for eliminating the specific Elusive
- Target and a ‘Silent Assassin’ challenge for eliminating the target without being spotted and without any non-target casualties.
As for the inaugural Elusive Target, IO Interactive has confirmed that one user completed the objective in six minutes, with 53 percent of players completing the contract. High scores, meanwhile, were broken down platform by platform, with Mycool1984 holding the Playstation 4 record with 198,928. Elsewhere, Pseudonymous and Unknowngamer477 topped Steam and Xbox One respectively with 204,862 and 202,153.
Will you be joining the hunt for The Congressman on May 27?