A 1.50GB download on PlayStation 4, developer Avalanche Studios has released Just Cause 3 update 1.04 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC to help fix some issues and prep for the new Mech Land Assault DLC.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update:
Preparation for new content
- Added support for Mech Land Assault
- Added support for Kousava Rifle
This includes preparation to make sure your new mech can get around (and tear up) Medici comfortably. The Kousava Rifle was designed by a competition winner as part of a promotion with a major retailer and can now be redeemed in game or bought separately.
- Adjusted region boarders
- Bug fixes
A new island for the Mech Land Assault (nearly 20km squared in game) means we have had to shift a few of the boarders of Medici around.
Priced at $11.99/€11.99/£9.49, or free as part of the $24.99/€24.99/£19.99 Expansion Pass, Mech Land Assault releases on June 3 for Expansion Pass owners and June 10 for everyone else.
Here’s what to expect from Mech Land Assault, which takes Rico to the new island of Lacrima, where the Black Hand runs a prison camp:
Defended by huge powerful Mechs, Rico will need the new Bavarium Power Core rifle to disable their shields and hijack them. Once inside, Rico can use their powerful cannons and the GRIP Gravity Guns to hurl and smash the enemy into pieces.
- Pilot two types of powerful Mech and drive them anywhere in Medici.
- Unleash the Mech’s Gravitational Remote Influence Projector or “GRIP” to attract and hurl objects at your enemies.
- Jump and smash helicopters from the sky or ground pound tanks with the GRIPS’s “Force Pulse” attack.
- Prove your skills and earn upgrades in Mech arena challenges.
- Call in a Rebel Mech buddy for extra firepower when the going gets tough.
- Includes a powerful new energy weapon, the Bavarium Power Core rifle.
The final DLC pack for Just Cause 3, Bavarium Sea Heist, will be out by the end of summer 2016.