With the maintenance winding down, Bungie has revealed that Destiny update 188.8.131.52 is available today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, enabling the Account Import feature for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners.
Here’s the list of patch notes:
Players will be prompted with the Account Import dialog upon their first login to a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console:
- Players will be unable to play until they accept the dialog and perform the Account Import
- Performing the Account Import process splits account progression so that progression is no longer shared between console generations within a console family
In the detailed import FAQ, Bungie reiterates that only the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Destiny will continue to receive game updates and content releases (PS3/360 versions will still get bug fixes). So, “to accommodate this change, all existing Destiny accounts will need to perform a one-time Account Import process upon their first login on a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console after [August 16].”
The Account Import brings forward all of your account data, including character data, progression data, gear and inventory, and purchased Silver and Eververse licenses. As Bungie warns though, once your account is imported, “any progress made on the Legacy Console will NOT be brought forward the next time they login to a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One.” Additionally, any progress made on PS4/Xbox One after you do the account import won’t transfer to the Legacy Consoles.
Here’s the important information on performing the import:
The Account Import process will become available on August 16th, 2016. Once the process is available, players will be prompted with the Account Import dialog upon their first login to a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console.
- Accepting the dialog will perform the Account Import.
- Players MUST accept the dialog to be able to play on their Destiny account on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Account Import is a ONE-TIME process that cannot be repeated.
- Before accepting the dialog, players should ensure that they are ready to import their Destiny account to the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console.
- Players that are not ready to perform the Account Import can cancel the dialog. This will return them to the Start screen.
Even if you only play on the PS4 or Xbox One, you’ll still need to accept the Account Import message on your first login.
Destiny Update Today on PS4 & Xbox One Adds Account Import