From Thursday, May 11 to Sunday, May 14, Capcom will be hosting a free online Beta Test on PlayStation 4 and PC for the new and improved Capcom Fighters Network. A copy of Street Fighter V isn’t required to access the Beta Test, and the beta will feature cross-play.
Additionally, Capcom announced that the next DLC character for Season 2 will be available for all beta players between May 11 and 14. They add, “Once the beta ends, however, both this mystery character and any online data (Fight Money, progress, replays etc.) will be gone.” According to a PlayStation Store leak from last week, Ed will be the next Season 2 DLC character.
Here’s the improvements you can expect from the CFN Beta Test:
- Rage Quit Penalty System – Back in December, we implemented an update to the Rage Quit System which displayed a special Player Profile Icon for the worst offenders and the most honorable players. These icons are working correctly now and matchmaking logic now takes into account your online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
- Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times – We understand many players were not happy with the load times when entering online matches. There will now be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual Match.
- Battle Lounge Country Flags – Country flags should now properly load in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
- Matchmaking Improvements – It should now take less time to find an opponent in online matches. We’ve also added logic which avoids frequently being matched with the same opponent repeatedly.
- Fighter Profile Stats – More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on your Fighter Profile.
- Country / League Based Rankings – Players will now be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
- Friend Management System – In addition to adding a player to your Favorites, you can now add Friends and follow them on CFN. You can now also Blacklist players.
- Interactive Timeline – On the CFN home menu, a live feed of your Friends’ activities is presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, you can immediately add a recent match to your Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage your Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
- In-Game Announcer Voice – The in-game announcer will give you stats on both you and your opponent using data pulled from the server.
According to Capcom’s updated million sellers list, Street Fighter V moved 100,000 copies between January 1 and March 31.