Writing on the PlayStation Blog, Bungie Community Manager DeeJ confirmed that Destiny 2 will include 4K support on PlayStation 4 Pro. Additionally, every PS4 owner will have access to timed exclusive content, and details on that content will be revealed this summer.
In Destiny 2’s campaign, humanity has fallen to an invasion force led by Lord Ghaul, the commander of the Red Legion. After Ghaul strips Guardians of their power, you must travel through the solar system, reunite the scattered heroes, and reclaim what was lost.
As Activision shows on their blog, there’s much more to Destiny 2, including Strikes, new worlds, new side-missions where you can learn more about the universe and fight bosses, new 4v4 battles in The Crucible, a Guided Games feature where solo players and clan communities can team up, and more.
Here’s what Activision had to say about The Crucible in Destiny 2:
The PVP action in Destiny is home to some of the most intense battles across the cosmos, and Destiny 2 takes it to a whole new level as players engage in new 4v4 battles in The Crucible. At the gameplay reveal, teams engaged each other in an exciting new mode on a brand-new map:
- Countdown is a new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offense or Defense, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.
- Midtown is an abandoned part of the City. When the Red Legion invaded, they completely ignored this sector of the City in their takeover. The Legion deemed Midtown was of no tactical importance. Lord Shaxx agrees, which is why it was chosen as a Crucible arena in the first place.
And this is the list of new and returning features in Destiny 2:
- New Director – Your guide throughout Destiny 2 in your search for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events, and more. Players can pick a landing zone, explore, and seamlessly jump into other activities in game.
- Adventures – Shorter missions with self-contained stories for players to learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters that live there.
- Lost Sectors – Scattered, enemy dungeon layers throughout the world you can discover with unique boss enemies guarding treasure to earn.
- Public Events – Unique, optional, dynamic combat activities that players can join on the fly as they roam around the world solo or with other players.
- Guided Games – A new feature that brings solo players and clan communities together to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes.
- Clan Creation Feature – New integrated system that allows friends to bring their community and unique culture to the forefront of Destiny 2. Clans have been fully integrated into the game and will provide official banners, invitations, and their own rewards and experience systems for all members.
- Play Solo or with Friends – Story Campaign: Narrative of Destiny 2’s cinematic story where players can also explore in Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests, and Public Events.
- Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences – Strikes: Three-player missions in Destiny 2; The Raid: Six-player missions with incredible challenges and rewards.
- Face-off Against Opponents in Competitive Experiences – The Crucible: Competitive 4v4 PvP Gameplay with New Modes and Maps
You’ll also find a ton of loot in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 releases on September 8 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC version is now listed as “coming soon,” according to Geoff Keighley.