Confirming the previous datamine, Blizzard has announced that the Overwatch Summer Games event is returning on August 8 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will run until August 28.
In the above video, Game Director Jeff Kaplan reveals some details about the return of Summer Games this year:
- The skins from Summer Games 2016 will be back
- All Summer Games items can be unlocked via credits
- New skins and new content in Summer Games include an awesome Legendary Skin for Junkrat, some silly stuff, and more
- The old 2016 skins are going to be discounted to normal lootbox prices for the credit cost. For example, Tracer’s Runner skin will be 1,000 credits instead of 3,000.
- Lúcioball returns in the Summer Games with the old Rio stadium and new Sydney stadium
- Lúcioball Changes: you can no longer stand in the enemy goal and boop the goalie out of the way, Lucio’s ultimate now makes you move much faster and jump higher
- Along with regular Lúcioball, you’ll also find Copa Lúcioball, which is competitive Lúcioball. Play 10 matches and you’ll get a special spray, and the top 500 players will get another special spray.
If you haven’t played Overwatch in the last week, the Doomfist update is waiting for you.