Square Enix had a big surprise for Sony’s Tokyo Game Show 2017 press conference in the form of a new PlayStation 4 game called Left Alive. All we knew at first was that it was being produced by Shinji Hashimoto, features character design by Yoji Shinkawa, and is directed by Toshifumi Nabeshima. That trailer was just a teaser, as Square Enix released a complete trailer during their TGS 2017 live stream.
Check out the full Left Alive trailer below:
Additional details were confirmed via Famitsu. Left Alive is a third-person shooter that takes place in the same world as the Front Mission series of games. There’ll be three protagonists, and players will be able to switch among them. Development on the upcoming title is roughly around “50%” complete so far.
Here are some additional details from the Famitsu piece via Gematsu:
- The three protagonists are the people featured in the key visual. All three are isolated in the city where the game is set, and each act independently in order to survive.
- Keyword: “The One Day Incident” – The setting is a city in Russia. The game depicts a one day incident that occurs there. A war is happening in the city, and the protagonist will inevitably get caught up in the conflict.
- Wanzer – Since Left Alive is set in the same world as the Front Mission series, the walking-type mobile weapons known as “Wanzers” will appear. Although you will mainly confront Wanzers as enemies, you can also steal a Wanzer away from the enemy.
- Survival Action – The primary objective is survival. The game will have a varied setup, including traps laid out to stir up the battlefield. There is also a crafting element, which allows you to use the materials you obtain to craft items.
- The Route You Take is Up to You – For example, if you head straight to your destination, you may be in danger of having to fight enemies, but you can also take hidden paths and stay out of the enemy’s line of sight, or take a big detour far away from that area. How you progress is up to you.
Gematsu have translated a bunch of additional information about the upcoming Square Enix title, so definitely check out their site if you’re hungry for more Left Alive PS4 details.