Hand of Fate 2 Releases in November, Watch New Trailer

October 4, 2017Written by Tyler Treese

hand of fate 2 release date

Defiant Development announced today that Hand of Fate 2 will release November 7. It’ll launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. If that date sounds familiar, it’s also the release date of the Xbox One X, and they announced that Hand of Fate 2 will “support 4K HD” at launch for that system.

Alongside the announcement, the developer also took time to spotlight the action game’s fourth companion, Ariadne of Stiegal:

Alongside the release date, Defiant Development unveils the title’s fourth and final companion, Ariadne of Stiegal. Companions, a new addition to the Hand of Fate franchise, offer support in battle, exclusive perks in the meta board game, dialogue options, and have their own storylines. In combat, Ariadne acts as a melee tank character with armor break abilities, while in the board game she can duplicate cards in games of chance to improve the player’s odds dramatically.

Check out the Hand of Fate 2 release date trailer below:

For more on the upcoming title, check out our Hand of Fate 2 preview. Here’s a snippet of what Chandler Wood had to say:

Much akin to the original though, Hand of Fate 2 does come down to some level of, well, fate. It’s those exciting moments, drawing from four card, knowing that there’s only a 25% chance of success when crossing that river, and a 75% chance that you’ll lose a bunch of health, gold, and maybe even your weapon. It’s the moments that feel like playing D&Dwith the cards as your dungeon master. Instead of rolling a D20, you’re drawing from cards that are stacked against you, and every moment has palpable tension as you seek to control your fate the best you can. Even the story the cards are telling is being presented from a much more detailed stance. It’s not to say that Hand of Fate’s cards didn’t spin a deep and interesting yarn, but the sequel increases that intrigue.

Hand of Fate 2 releases November 7 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.