Two of Destiny 2’s most anticipated endgame activities are coming to the game next week. Announced by Bungie in their weekly blog post, we now know that we can expect to see Destiny 2 Iron Banner and the Leviathan Raid Prestige mode go live on Tuesday, October 10.
Iron Banner is a week long competitive PVP event where Guardians prove their worth in the Crucible for Lord Saladin for exclusive rewards. The game type this month will be Control. Iron Banner will go live at the weekly reset (October 10, 2 AM Pacific), and end one week later (October 17, 2 AM Pacific). Bungie provided a quick FAQ about what’s new for the first Iron Banner in Destiny 2.
- Combat will be between two teams of four players
- Your fighting abilities, not your power levels, will decide the outcome
- Bounties and Ranks have been replaced with an Iron Banner EngramHow can you compete?
- Complete the Destiny 2 campaign – the only way to reach the Tower
- Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest
- Fight in the Iron Banner playlist with Quickplay modes and matchmakingWhat’s in it for you?
- Earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match (earn more if you win)
- Daily and Season Milestones that track your progress to glory
- Claim brand new armor wrought in the forges of the Iron Lords
Note that Bungie makes no mention of Iron Banner weapons, so those will either be a surprise granted next week, or only armor is available for this event. You can see the samurai inspired armor in the image above.
The Leviathan Raid Prestige mode will go live at 10 AM Pacific on October 10. Set at Power level 300, Bungie is remaining tight lipped about the changes that players will see when they attempt the challenges. The description for tlhe prestige mode says “Enemies will be stronger and smarter, and new mechanics will require new strategies.”
We do not expect everyone to be successful in completing this activity. Mechanical changes to the encounters are minimal, but they are there. The Prestige Raid is about mastering a more punishing sandbox. Our goal is not to provide a boon to your character progression, but there are unique rewards to help you shine. Consider this your invitation to prove to the world that you are among the very best of the Raiders who overlook the City.World First will be counted. We can tell you no more.Good luck!