Playniac, an award winning games studio, has announced that Insane Robots will be heading over to the PlayStation 4.
Insane Robots was first conceptualized as a tabletop card game prototype, using a “pile of old business cards,” according to Playniac. They created a unique card battling game that captures what most players love about the genre while removing most of the elements players hate. These said hateful elements are expensive card expansions, time-consuming customization, farming, and a bar that excludes players who don’t buy more cards. By eliminating this stressful stuff, Playniac was then able to make a laser-focused battle deck. With only 22 tokens, the game is easy to learn and manage, but full of unexpected turns and a lot of strategic depth.
What they created is Insane Robots, a unique card battling game that is NOT a collectible card game.
Players must find a way to master the battle deck and develop their own strategies, and pit their honed skills against local, online, and single-player matches. The game features what they call Hacks and Glitches, which will greatly turn the tide of a game if used correctly.
Game features down below, courtesy of Playniac:
- This is card battling HACKED with no costly expansions and time-consuming customization
- Compete in intense local and online ranked 2P multiplayer battles
- Experience the epic 15+ hour single-player campaign, overthrow the megalomaniacal Kernel and save robotkind
- Unlock 46 robots and find over 100 augments to boost their abilities
- Explore your tactical options to survive randomly generated survival arenas
- Master the 22-token battle deck and define your own style of play
- A compelling narrative with over 150 branching story events
- Explore five types of hazardous environment from lush jungles to barren Moonscapes
Insane Robots will be available on the PlayStation 4 on July 10, 2018. Preorders will be available soon on the PlayStation Store, as well as a Deluxe Pack with a 30% discount that also includes a Season Pass with six DLCs.
Insane Robots Launch Trailer Features a Unique Card Battling System