One of the year’s best horror games, Amnesia: The Bunker, has received a Halloween update that will test the mettle of even the most seasoned survivors.
Amnesia: The Bunker Halloween update
Shell Shock Mode and Custom Mode. Truly test your mettle as a horror fan with new terrors and heaps of replay value as the creature adopts even more unpredictable and dangerous strategies.
In the critically acclaimed nominee for 2023’s Horror Game of the Year, players enter a French bunker during the First World War. Surrounded by the corpses of their comrades, they must evade the jaws of an inhuman creature that stalks their search for an escape. In innovative and immersive new gameplay design for the genre, explore the branching environment of the bunker in successive runs from the centrally-located safe room. Keep the generator fueled lest the lights go out; the creature hunts freely in the dark.
With the update, after the first play of The Bunker, players will be able to curate their own horror experience in Custom Mode with more than 30 settings and parameters, and face the most hardcore Amnesia experience yet with Shell Shock Mode.
Among the highlights of the hardcore Shell Shock Mode we have,
- New creature behaviors that increase unpredictability.
- Sublevel Fuse System – Restore electricity to turn on the lights in each of the Bunker’s zones.
- Hardcore Health System – Lose health while bleeding, bandages stop bleeding but don’t restore health, and medkits stop bleeding and restore health.
- More Randomization – Lockers and their combinations are in random locations.
- Saving Progress Costs Fuel.
- Locked Fuel Storage Room – the unlimited supply of fuel, and already difficult-to-access resource, is now locked and has its own combination located somewhere in the Bunker.
- Revolver is locked in the storage locker and unavailable from the start.
- The Safe Room is no longer safe. Wooden breakable doors replace the sturdy ones.
- New Training Grounds level for you to practice your skills.
The Halloween update is free for all Amnesia: The Bunker players. You can buy the game on the PlayStation Store now.