SingStar Singing Its Way to the Top
Some interesting and jaw-dropping statistics have been released regarding SingStar and its SingStore.
The more notable statistics include 4 million SingStore song downloads, over 400,000 people have registered online, over 1000 song selections, and over 100,000 My SingStar Online video uploads. These are impressive numbers for a singing game. More statistics include:
- The most popular download times are between 8pm-11pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The total number of tracks downloaded from SingStore to-date is over 4 million.
- The total number of videos uploaded to My SingStar Online video uploads so far is over 100,000.
- There are now over 1000 songs available on the SingStore.
- More than 6000 SingStar players sign up to the online components of SingStar each week.
- SongPacks have now sold 57,000 copies since launching in October 2008.
- My SingStar Online has nearly 400,000 registered users.
- Over 9.3 million My SingStar Online videos have been viewed so far.
- SingStar has won three Guinness World Records, including Most Successful Singing Game, First Customizable Track in a Singing Game and First Music Game to Let Players Record Their Performances and Share Them Online.
SingStar released to the European crowd in Dec. 2007. U.S. fans had to wait a little bit longer, but the game released stateside May 2008.