Final Fantasy Versus XIII Stumbling, Dark Souls Climbing in Japan’s Most Wanted
Famitsu’s latest round of polling for the most anticipated upcoming games shows Dragon Quest X finally climbing back into the number two spot after having Final Fantasy Type-0 standing in its way for a few weeks. Some things haven’t changed though, as PS3-exclusive RPG Tales of Xillia is still the most wanted game amongst Famitu’s readership, and Square Enix’s development zombie Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still getting shown up by a game called “Picture Girlfriend.” This is happening.
1. Tales of Xillia (PS3)
2. Dragon Quest X (Wii)
3. Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP)
4. Dark Souls (PS3)
5. Photokano: Picture Girlfriend (PSP)
6. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
7. Dragon’s Dogma (PS3)
8. Mario Kart 3DS (3DS)
9. 2nd Super Robot Wars OG (PS3)
10. Metal Gear Solid: Rising (PS3)
11. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
12. The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword (Wii)
13. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (PS3)
14. Queen’s Gate: Spiral Chaos (PSP)
15. The Last Guardian (PS3)
In fact, Versus XIII has seen a huge fall from grace lately, as it wasn’t that long ago it pretty much had a reserved parking spot in the top five. Now it’s fallen outside of the top 10.
The magazine issues published within the next few weeks should have votes from the time period E3 was going on, so it might be interesting to see whether the show shifts the tides in any certain direction.