Ghost Recon Future Soldier Multiplayer Beta Begins April 19th, Ghost Recon Network Announced
Ubisoft has announced the first details about the Ghost Recon Future Soldier multiplayer beta for PS3 & Xbox 360, in addition to announcing a new smartphone/tablet/web browser companion service for the Ghost Recon series called Ghost Recon Network.
The multiplayer beta will be available on both PS3 and Xbox 360 beginning April 19th and run until May 2nd. The beta will support up to twelve players, who will be able to choose from three different classes (Rifleman, Engineer, and Scout) and play two different modes described below on two different maps (Mill and Pipeline, which can be seen in the Media Gallery in the post):
• Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
• Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
• Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
• Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
PS3 owners who are PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive a beta key to participate in the GRFS multiplayer beta. Xbox 360 owners can participate by being an owner of Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction, which allows players to access the beta directly through the game, or by pre-ordering the Xbox 360 version of the game at GameStop to receive an Xbox 360 version beta key. The press release did not mention whether or not PS3 owners who don’t subscribe to PlayStation Plus will be able to participate in the beta.
Ubisoft has also announced the Ghost Recon Network, a companion service to all titles in the Ghost Recon series (including GRFS) moving forward for smartphones, tablets, and browsers. The Ghost Recon Network site and version 1.0 iOS and Android apps will launch with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of GRFS on May 22nd. Participants of the GRFS multiplayer beta will get to try out some of the Ghost Recon Network site features and Android app, both of which are in the beta stage as well.
Here are some of the features of the Ghost Recon Network:
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
• Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles
• Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community
Track player history and friends’ in-game status
• Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards
• Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets
Receive exclusive rewards
• Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
• Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences
Become a better player
• Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle
• Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads
To view the Ghost Recon Network announcement trailer, click on the video below:
To view images of the GRFS beta (first two images) and the Ghost Recon Network (the remainder of the images, plus one piece of art), click on the Media Gallery below:
Ghost Recon Future Soldier will release for PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 22nd, while the PC version will release on June 12th.
Will you be participating in the multiplayer beta? Let us know in the comments below!