PlayStation Vita Sells Over 31k Units in Japan, Muramasa at 45k Week 1
The Wii U may have doubled its sales from the previous week to finish at just under 23k between March 25th and 31st, but it wasn’t nearly enough to take away second place from the PlayStation Vita, which ended up with 31,795 units sold. This does represent a nearly 10k drop week-over-week, but it’s still very good for the struggling handheld.
Looking at the other PlayStation systems, the PS3 had just over 19k sold, while the PSP, who saw the biggest software debut of the week with Fate/Extra CCC, was at 12,594.
Here’s all the PlayStation games in the top 20 best sellers:
2. Fate/Extra CCC (PS3) – 72,883
4. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3) – 56,457
5. Muramasa: The Demon Blade (PSV) – 45,660
7. Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin (PSP) – 31,738
8. Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (PS3) – 24,864
9. Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (PSP) – 23,135
11. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (PSV) – 17,180
12. Sei Madou Monogatari (PSV) – 16,050
13. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3) – 15,560
15. Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (PSP) – 13,215
16. Soul Sacrifice (PSV) – 11,577
20. Katen no Hana (PSP) – 8,644
Do you think the PlayStation Vita is in for a rough Spring? Or will it continue to finish in second all season long? Let us know in the comments below.