The Catch-Up: November 21st, 2013 – Telltale Games Working on a Game of Thrones Video Game?
Apparently Stephen Colbert likes the PS4.
- A rumor surfacing from IGN says Telltale Games is making a game based off the Game of Thrones books. When questioned on the legitimacy of the rumor, Telltale said, “We get these sorts of rumors about what we could be working on next cropping up all the time. Officially we have no comment.” Could Game of Thrones be the “dream IP” they were talking about? [Source]
- Reddit user CocoBandicoot has posted a very detailed timeline of the Crash Bandicoot series, leading up to the fact that it has seemingly disappeared from Activision’s website. [Check it Out!]
- In an interesting reveal today, it turns out that Harmonix played a part in the development of the recently released BandFuse: Rock Legends. This includes the vocal interface designed being contributed to the gameplay and Rock Band instrument logos for use in the game’s user interface. Realta CEO Stephen Gomes added, “The team at Harmonix offered feedback on our original game design, providing expertise on key techniques and game development based on their experience in making groundbreaking music games. They advised us on ways to make the experience more fun and accessible to a broad audience, which ultimately contributed to this being a great pick-up-and-play experience.” [Press Release]
- It looks like the Invizimals games may make their way to North America eventually, as the ESRB has rated Invizimals: The Alliance E10+. [Source]
- If you’re pre-ordered Tearaway on the PlayStation Store, expect your pre-order to be available at midnight. [Twitter]
- Amazon.com is selling a 3 pack of digital codes for PS4 games Flower, Trine 2: Complete Story, and Super Motherload for $37.77. You save 10% over buying them separately and receive a bonus $10 credit. [Via, Buy It!]
- Contrary to reports, Ninja Theory will not be leaving console developing. In fact, “We are currently developing for both mobile and console platforms and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.” [Twitter 1, 2]
- EA has revealed that, “in 5 days, more than 5 million online game sessions and 140 million minutes of gameplay were logged on EA games” on PS4. [Twitter]
- According to an email that included the following, the four Call of Duty: Ghosts map packs have been named as Onslaught, Devastation, Invasian, and Nemesis, which spells ODIN. Of course, we’ll have to wait and see if this actually turns out to be true [Via 1, 2, Source]:
- Here’s the launch trailer for SoulCalibur II HD Online:
Will you try out BandFuse: Rock Legends knowing Harmonix played a role? Let us know in the comments below.